Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Did you hear this one!?

So here is the new Vogue cover that is being called "racially insensitive." WHAT?? WHY?? Some critics are saying that Lebron James is striking a "gorilla like poise" (similar to that of King Kong and Fay Wray), therefore creating a racial stereotype. Come on, are you serious???!!! Cant it just be what it is...the cover of a magazine? When I looked at the cover the thought never even crossed my mind. In fact, when I heard that it was controversial (before I heard why) I stared at the cover for a few minutes trying to think of reasons how it could be considered insensitive. Why is everything turned into some conspiracy? Here is a link to the USAToday article so that you can read all of the ridiculous details and quotes that I have left out.
Sorry I had to vent...

No comments: